Why should you buy an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil? There is no single answer to that question because everyone has different wants and needs. When you buy an Apple product, the name explains exactly what you will get when you open the simple, white box. There are lots of tablets available on the market – but none so fine an instrument as the Apple iPad, especially when paired with the Pencil.
Our techs at Fix Apple Now have made a list of all the reasons we are fans of the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.
- The new Apple Pencil model is sleek. The redesigned Apple Pencil feels like an organic extension of the iPad Pro – not an add-on. As always, Apple gets the little things so right. The matte finish and flattened edge mimic the style of an old-school wooden #2 pencil. The built-in force and angle sensors help capture every motion while you record every stroke with subtle and delicate motion or bold and aggressive charge. The sensors live in the barrel so you can switch tools with a simple, intuitive double-tap.
- Charging and docking are simple. In an instant, you’ll hear a satisfying embrace when your iPad Pro the embedded magnets engage – and your pencil will automatically pair and charge. The Apple Pencil charge is easy and convenient, too. To charge, turn on your iPad Bluetooth and attach your Apple Pencil to the magnetic connector at the center of the right side of your iPad.
- Engineered for work and play. Apple deployed an army of engineers and designers to create a state-of-the-art display for you that offers a smooth, clutter-free and low-latency images for the most beautiful display technology allowed. ProMotion doubles the industry standard for the refresh rate on your display, providing smooth readability. You’ll enjoy True Tone to automatically adjust your display with ambient light options for an s easier to read, even in direct sunlight. Combine all that with 264 pixel-per-inch display resolution and you just bought a breathtaking machine offering dazzling, sharp, vibrant colors and images. The new iPad Pro is ideally positioned to use with Augmented Reality programs. With its A12X chip, iOS 12 and the ARKit software platform, it will help you tap into a new and extraordinary way to look at the world around you.
- The camera offers a better resolution. At 7 megapixels, the forward-facing camera uses true depth technology and can take portrait-mode selfies, giving you the sharp foreground you want along with the softly blurred background that gives that professional feel to your photos. The rear-facing camera has an even greater resolution – 12 megapixels – dripping color and oozing detail with every image.
- Face ID keeps things private. Get ready for your closeup. The Apple iPad now supports Face ID. Your face and only your face will unlock your iPad Pro, whether you are in portrait or landscape mode or at an odd angle. since we all tend to keep so much of our lives on Apple devices; Face ID will help you keep it private. With four speakers (two woofers and two tweeters), this device should be your go-to for Skype, FaceTime or any video chat.
- It now has a USB-C port. While previous versions of the Apple iPad used the Lightning connector, the newest iPad Pro features a USB-C port, enabling you to connect any compatible device, from headphones to additional/external monitors or keyboards or speakers. And now you can charge your iPhone using your iPad.
Remember, you need one of these iPad models before you can use the original Apple Pencil:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st or 2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad (6th generation)
You cannot use Apple Pencil (2nd generation) with any of those iPad models, but maybe it’s time for you to upgrade anyway. Pairing with the Apple Pencil makes sense in our books. If you have any questions about the iPad, Pencil or any Apple device, please contact our certified Apple tech team. Fix Apple Now has repaired thousands of Apple devices over the last decade, and we are happy to help.